Samatha Orh
map-marker Las Vegas, Nevada

Substandard unacceptable care

I had a CT and MRI done at Banner. The reading radiologist, who is a resident, (not a doctor yet- still students) looked at my images and his reports sent me down a rabbit hole that included several other costly appointments with specialists and with me trying to take out a life insurance policy in case of death.

After two separate second opinions, these other radiologist assured me that absolutely nothing was wrong with me.

They were looking at the exact same images that Banners residents made their diagnoses.

Banner responded with they have their chief radiologists, reviewing every exam the residents- the students - write for reports.

So my studies were not only read by students, but also their chief radiologists who agreed with the residents reports. So either the chief radiologists do not know what they are doing, or they are really not paying attention to what the residents are diagnosing.

User's recommendation: Stay away from Banner at all costs cause it could cost you your life

Gary R Eyb

| map-marker Phoenix, Arizona

Report patient abuse in Tucson Banner ER

On 02 January 2024 I was a patient at a Banner ER in Tucson AZ. While waiting to see a doctor another patient was shown out of an exam room into the waiting area.

The man was only wearing a hospital gown. The gown was hanging down over his shoulder and chest area. He did not have any socks on. Within just a few minutes, he fell onto the floor and was asking for help.

At least two hospital staff just walked by the man without doing anything.

A few minutes later a security guard, named Jay, came over to the man and order him to get up. When the man was unable to get up he didn't call hospital staff for help, he called for securty back-up. Within a few minutes 4 or 5 more guards arrived, one of them with a dog. One of the guards stated to the man "You will get up now, the dog is here." It was an obvious threat to use the dog on the man laying on the ER waiting room floor begging for help.

The man was rolling around on the floor and did accidentally expose himself.

The group of guards is yelled at him to cover himself and stated that they were going to trespass him and throw him out.

The guards then got a wheelchair and made the man get into it. They then rolled him outside on a cold night and left him. Another patient had given the man a blanket, but he was unable to keep it over himself. He sit outside in the cold untill he had to try to come back into the waiting area.

When he stepped back inside another hospital staff member yelled at him that he could not come back and and that he had to get out.

From what I saw the man did go back outside and within a minute or two I lost sight of him. I really don't know if he just wondered off into the cold night in nothing but a hospital gown.

After seeing what happened, I wasn't even able to stay to see a doctor myself. I just left. The next day I called the hospital security office to make a complaint about the officers actions.

They were more interested in getting information about me that what had happened in the ER. After making 8 to 10 phone calls to different offices at Banner trying to get someone to even listen to what I had seen, I finally got routed to the ER Nursing Director (I believe that's the correct title) Kelly Morehead.

Ms Morehead did listen to what I had to say, but I got the impression that she was more interested in covering for the hospital staff and security officers than having any concern for the patient.

In my opinion, this patient was assaulted my the hospital security staff. And the hospital staff that just walked past him as he asked for him was guilty of medical malpractice.

User's recommendation: Beware of Banner Security

Guest

Exactly right I'm at Banner now And ethics and dishonesty abuse and mistreatment I've already experienced

Ray F Mtm

Wasted Appointment at Urgent Care

Had an appointment and waited over an hour and then when I complained about the wait was lectured by an obnoxious health care professional so I left without being seen.
Cons:
  • Terrible service and unprofessional behavior

Preferred solution: Just letting other people know about the service.

User's recommendation: Don't use Banner Urgent Care.

Ron G Yuj

| map-marker Thermopolis, Wyoming

Second canceled appointment 5 months apart.

In September, I made an appointment with Dr. J. Gordon, whom I really like. The appointment was for the middle of November 2023. His office called and canceled that appointment and rescheduled it for the end of April 2024. In March 2024 the office called again canceling the April appointment and wanted to reschedule it for November 2024. Can anyone at Banner Health explain your patient care policy?
Pros:
  • Some good doctors
Cons:
  • Bad management

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Shop around, you are only a number to Banner Health.

map-marker Casa Grande, Arizona

Love my nurse

This place sucks. Only decent thing here is Liz. Forgive me I did not get her last name but I will tell 6you this. Hopefully she will find a job paying lots of money and move on to bigger and better things. Great job Liz. You know who you are
map-marker Duffel, Antwerp Province

Invoice , correct accountnumber

I got an second invoice from Banner Page Hospital. I have an accountnumber 3021**** , but my european bank can not make the payment because they do not have the BIC or SWIFT code of the account
BannerHealth

Our team is sorry to hear about these concerns. We want to do everything we can to provide a quality experience for all of our customers.

Please email us at customer@***.com so we can get you in touch with the appropriate customer care team. We value your input.

Rebeca o Jdt

| map-marker Chandler, Arizona

A year ago, I went to Banner convinient care.

Original review Nov 03, 2023

I went to Banner convinient care a year ago.

I provided the intake clerk all my insurance information and I specifically told them how to bill it since I have an outstate insurance that covers convinient care visits.

A year late Banner send several text with a balance not paid for that visit.

I called Banner billing on a 3 way with my insurance .

My insurance specifically told Banner how to bill them.

5 phone calls later with my insurance again, an Banner still trying to make me pay the bill.

I think they are unethical and are trying to have me pay and them submit my insurance to have them pay again. Banner should be investigated for their shaddy billing.

Pros:
  • Convinient care on line appoitment
Cons:
  • Have a shaddy billing system

Preferred solution: Submit my insurance the bill

BannerHealth

Rebecca, our team is sorry to hear about these concerns. We want to do everything we can to provide a quality experience for all of our customers.

BannerHealth

We would like to address your concerns and help find solutions to ensure satisfaction with any and all interactions you may have with Banner Health. Please email us at customer@***.com with your name and contact information.

We would like to have someone in the appropriate customer care team review and follow up with you. We value your input.

reply icon Replying to comment of BannerHealth

I spoke with my insurance and a Banners manager on a 3 way call. I hope this time it is finally resolved.

I will not visit Banner or recomend any one to use your services. Get your billing department to do their jobs correctly.

View more comments (3)
map-marker Phoenix, Arizona

Un Ethical Conduct from Lazy Employees

Banner Health - Un Ethical Conduct from Lazy Employees

Clinic hours are 8am-8pm .

I showed up today as a walking patient @7:30 pm 10/16/23. I am an established patient at this location.

There was only 2 patients in waiting room .

When i got to front desk i was about to pull out my insurance cards .

I was stopped and told they have decided not to see anymore patients today.

This is not retail like walmart .I did not come to purchase cookies and milk.

In healthcare it is unethical to block or to not provide service within service hours .

This is unethical conduct known as.

Nonmaleficence. Nonmaleficence is the obligation of a physician not to harm the patient.

This simply stated principle supports several moral rules do not kill, do not cause pain or suffering, do not incapacitate, do not cause offense, and do not deprive others of the goods of life.

As portal of entry providers there are required to see patient's within operating hours and treat or refer them out . This unethical conduct can lead to huge liabilities in the future if some one dies and it is as found to have been avoided had neglect not occurred.

User's recommendation: Don’t do a walk in appt within clinic hours

Guest

The clinic was not able to see you before their closing time of 8pm. The clinician was with a patient and there were still two more to see. If you don’t like it, go elsewhere.

no m Rnq
map-marker Tucson, Arizona

Lies. Everyone lies about everything

Nobody tells the truth theyre all a bunch of liars. Thats how they were all tied to do lie lie lie add to bunch of crap. Goodbye Banner Health.

User's recommendation: Don’t mess with them everyone lies about everything it’s all is a bunch of BS. I’ve been listening to them for four years and I’m sick and *** tired of them. it just never ends their train to lie.

Guest

I am finding the same thing

Jacquelyn N Fdw

Verified Reviewer

Billing department is incompetent and non-responsive; care providers are careless

Ive been a Banner UMC Tucson patient since March 2022. Every single visit results in billing snafus - billing me months later for charges they forgot to send to the insurance, billing me months later for copays I already paid, and overcharging for outpatient procedures copays.

In the first 6 months I was refunded $400 in overpayments after spending literally hours on the phone with billing and insurance to dispute charges and demand reimbursement of my overpayments. Today I received a mystery text message from Banner inviting me to sign up for Curae, a credit company so I can pay an $800 bill Ive never received and thats because I dont owe them $800. The text message tells how Curae can keep debt collectors from pursuing you. Didnt Banner pay an $18 million settlement in 2018 for doing all this kind of billing abuse?

All this is bad enough, but Banner is the medical care provider AND the insurance provider. The insurance is Banner Medicare Advantage. When you call billing to ask about a bill they tell you to call your insurance, and when you call insurance they tell you to call billing. All this is so freaking stressful that it almost makes me forget that Cardiology committed malpractice on me.

I had to have cardioversion in June 2022 and the procedure itself was successful but I was given the wrong discharge instructions. The nurse made me sign off on discharge instructions before the procedure was done. She asked me what meds I was taking and wrote the discharge instructions telling me to take the same dosage. But the 2 doctors (attending and fellow) who did the procedure actually wrote in their procedure notes that the dose should be doubled in order to maintain sinus rhythm.

However, neither of them came back to tell me themselves or give me correct discharge instructions. Three days later, after following the discharge instructions I was given by the nurse, I went back into a-fib. I called the cardiologist on call and he asked me how much of the drug I was taking and when I told him 50 mg he said well the gold standard is 100 mg. I read him the discharge instructions I received, and he read the procedure notes which were not released to me through my Banner patient portal until AFTER I was already back in a-fib.

My cardiologist first tried to blame me for not following discharge instructions because when he called me the next day, he was reading the procedure notes. Later he did apologize for the error. I had to have the procedure repeated a week after the first one - another exposure to anaesthesia and a second cardioversion. Of course Banner tried to bill me for the second procedure.

I sent an email to the Cardiology Fellowship Director and the Chair of Cardiology, and also messaged both of them through the patient portal. Neither has bothered to respond. I also immediately went in person to speak with a patient satisfaction rep and she took my complaint seriously and told me the CMO would review my file and contact me within 30 days. I did get a letter from her reiterating that the CMO would contact me, but guess what.

Its all about ass-covering - Im sure the first person contacted by all involved was the risk-management legal department who told them all to keep quiet. My advice to anyone thinking about using Banner providers or buying Banner insurance is DONT! But if youve already taken that plunge, be sure not to EVER sign discharge instructions until AFTER the procedure is finished and the DOCTOR has actually written the instructions. Also, it can take months to get an appointment (e.g.

Audiology) and for some medical sub-specialties they either do not have female doctors, or the one they do have doesnt do the procedure you may need. Banner UMC refers a lot to outside doctors because for some reason they cant seem to hold onto their providers.

Pros:
  • There are still some excellent doctors
Cons:
  • Lack of care and concern about patients
  • Billing practices

Preferred solution: What is asked for was that the CMO and the providers and departments involved review and modify their discharge notes procedures to make sure this doesn’t happen to anyone else. Next time they might kill the patient.

User's recommendation: Don’t! Just don’t go there.

Susan M Pdb

| map-marker Pinetop-Lakeside, Arizona

TERRIBLE RESPONSE FROM the UMC BANNER.NP

So, long story! About UMC BANNER GASTRO DEPT.

I go into the ER cuz I cannot eat, my esophagus hurts (I already have gastro paresis) and I am just sick!

They call gastro for an urgent appointment for me.

Then, I go to the clinic appt and she (NP) says she will order tests- I called her for two weeks to get them ordered. Then it takes weeks to find out what they say. So she orders more tests, and again, it takes weeks of calling to get them ordered and weeks for results. Again!!

Although the results they were in MY PORTAL 5 days after the test

Then to top it off she ordered medications but when the pharmacy reached out for clarification she never responded and my new necessary medicines were cancelled!

And of course I found out Friday before the Labor Day weekend. I am sure it will take weeks again to get any response from phone calls I make or from the third portal message which she has never responded. She explained she is very busy in clinic. I think when you leave clinic, she only cares about the incoming visits!!

Go out the door, and it's out of sight, out of mind

It's the UMC Gastro Dept NP. I'm still sick with no medicine to help!

God save up from what is happening to our medical care!

User's recommendation: Don’t go there

Elena Num
map-marker Loveland, Colorado

Urgent Care Visit

Kaiser uses Banner for urgent care. I have been to Banner 4 times and I have yet to have them give me any real medical care. Their typical response is to use scare tactics to get me to go spend $5,000 at their emergency room.

User's recommendation: Go to anyplace but don't go to Banner.

map-marker Cheyenne, Wyoming

Office visits

Feel like the Windsor Colorado office doesnt take time with patients. Makes you feel you are a complainer. Its all about how many and fast they can see people. They only let you tell them one isopod health. Have to make multiple visits for each issue. Then makes you feel you have nothing wrong

Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers Expert Talks

4th COVID Vaccine, Monkeypox, Mask-Optional Policy

Jan 6, 2022

Who may need the 4th vaccine? Is monkeypox dangerous? Prof. Karen Jubanyik comments on the mask-optional policy, COVID booster shot, and the monkeypox.

Prof. Karen Jubanyik
Prof. Karen Jubanyik

Jden Hkq
map-marker Tucson, Arizona

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!

My daughter spent a grueling 28 days traumatized days at Banner Health PICU in Tucson.From having nurses that could care less about her health, down to doctors who didn't care for her health just as much if not more. To the director who okay the abuse and let your.complaints fall.on deaf ears and swept everything the was immoral, unprofessional, and civilized completely under the rug.

I advise parents DO NOT TAKE.YOUR SICK CHILD TO BANNER HEALTH!!! THEY MAY NOT EVER MAKE IT OUT. The most traumatizing experience my child and I.ever had to go through.

You would think the safest place for your really sick child would be at the hospital, however that couldn't be furthest from the truth at Banner Health I'm Tucson pm North Campbell. Its pretty down right scary and dangerous.

User's recommendation: Never take your child there , ever! This place is dangerously horrible

BannerHealth

Hello, our team is sorry to hear about these concerns. We want to do everything we can to provide a quality experience for all of our customers.

Need specifics

Guest

Unless you give specifics this isn’t a credible complaint.

View more comments (2)
Neviah Pqg

Verified Reviewer

Terrible hospital. I am seeing a lawyer about them.

This place denied me chemotherapy because my radiologist wouldn't be covered. They tell me this after waiting two months to see a doctor.

User's recommendation: Don't go here!

Guest

I am so so sorry, and I hope that you follow through and win your case. These people are horrible from top to bottom, and a soon as I can stand to, I'll be writing about my nighmarish experience, here.

Lutricia Etc
map-marker Las Vegas, Nevada

Poor Patient care and compassion

As we waited in Your Tucson ER I personally witness several interaction of staff with patients that was disrespectful and heartless. One patient ask 3 differct staff member for a blanket over a 45 min period, finally another patient had to request the blanket for her in order for her to get one.

Than a patient who has dementia was just discharged and left by herself outside and was lost by her family who asked.multiple staff for help locating her, but staff did not seem to be concerned about the families worries or the missing women. If that was not enough to make you want to leave a man present with a head injury and a dependent son who had obvious mental disability and he was told he was basically on his owe with caring for watching his son while he himself waited to be seen for his head injury.

I realize the ER is not a child care facility but the lack of compassion I witness and the treatment they all received was some of the worst I have seen in the 30 years I have worked in hospital. Same on your ER staff.

User's recommendation: Stay away

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article